Audition Notice for
Metro Theatre is holding open auditions for
Written by: Agatha Christie
Directed by: Don Briard
Produced by: Joan Koebel
Monday, June 19 from 7 pm
& Tuesday, June 20 from 7 pm
*All COVID protocols observed
Where: Metro Theatre,
1370 SW Marine Drive, Vancouver
One of the most famous plays ever written – certainly the longest running. It is the 70th anniversary this up-coming season. The play only closed during the dark days of COVID, the first time since 1953. Mousetrap has all the elements of a good mystery: snowbound guests in a remote Manor House, a killer on the loose; everyone is a suspect. Agatha Christie at her best.
Show Run Dates:
Thursday to Saturday: September 15 to October 07
Sunday matinees are: September 17, September 24, and October 01
English accents required for most characters
Proprietor of Monkswell Manor, and wife of Giles
Runs Monkswell Manor with his wife Mollie
A hyperactive young man who acts in a very peculiar manner
A critical older woman who is pleased by nothing she observes
Retired from the army.
A strange, aloof, masculine woman.
A man of unknown provenance.
Detective Sergeant Trotter
Read through: Monday, June 26
Rehearsals will start in early August – Sundays 1pm-5 pm; Tuesdays & Thursdays 7pm-10pm until tech week. If needed additional rehearsals may be added in consultation with the cast.
Auditions will be cold readings from the script.
Note: This is a NON-EQUITY production.
All roles at Metro Theatre, are Volunteer positions.
People will be seen on a first come/first served basis. Be prepared that you may have to sit around and wait as you may be needed to read opposite someone else who is auditioning.
Ethno-cultural casting statement:
We encourage submissions from artists with a broad range of backgrounds including, but not limited to: race, ethnicity, indigeneity, gender, and sexuality. We encourage anyone to audition for any role as we will be casting on who is best for the role.
Resume and Headshots:
○ Please note any conflicts with auditions or the run at this time.
○ Please let us know if there is a specific part you are interested in and which of the two audition dates you plan to attend.
You can indicate your interest by:
- filling in this downloadable PDF
THE MOUSETRAP Fillable Audition Form
- and submitting it along with the online Application Form below
• No appointment necessary.
• If you are cast, you will be required to become a Member of Metro Theatre and your 12-month Membership Fee of $20 will be collected at the first read-through.
• It is expected that actors must be capable of playing the age specified, be capable of speaking with expected accents, be able to utilize musical and dancing skills, when the part requires those skills.
• While experience is preferable it is not essential.
Metro Theatre is collecting personal information about you.
If you are cast in this show, your contact information will be provided to other members of the company.
Unless you ask us not to, you will be added to our mailing list; the information you provide will be made available to directors and other Metro shows for audition and casting purposes.
You may request to be removed from our mailing list at any time.