We are thrilled to announce an exciting line up for 2018 – 2019. Each of the six entertaining plays of Season 56 plus a traditional Pantomime promises the art and magic of live theatre – that strange, elusive energy between audience and performer that captures our imagination. Plan theatre into your life and experience the joy and power of live performance.
CLIFFHANGER by James Yaffe
- September 15 – October 6, 2018 Thursday to Saturday
- Matinees on Sunday September 23 & 30
In this humorous 1980s thriller, a mild mannered philosophy professor hits a colleague with the bust of Socrates. This sets off a series of exciting twists as he and his wife try to hide the murder from the college police. Complications arise from a spying undergrad, who just wants a better grade!
BUSYBODY by Jack Popplewell
- October 27 – November 17, 2018 Thursday to Saturday
- Matinees on Sunday November 4 & 11
This busybody is a chatterbox too, and thinks herself a sleuth to boot. When office cleaner Lily Piper’s work is interrupted by her discovery of a body. , she’s determined to solve the murder, even when they body disappears. The wise-cracking Mrs. Piper drives her ex-beau, the police superintendent absolutely crazy in the process.
MURDER ON RESERVE by Thomas Hischak
- January 19 – February 9, 2019 Thursday to Saturday
- Matinees on Sunday January 27 & February 3
In small town Illinois, things are a little too quiet, even for the Reference Section of the public library. A body is discovered, and big city cops are called in. As well as investigating a motley crew of oddball suspects, they need to find a good cup of coffee.
UP AND COMING by Eric Chappell
- February 16 – March 9, 2019 Thursday to Saturday
- Matinees on Sunday February 24 & March 3
In this zany farce, potential Prime Minister candidate, Phillip Conway is not having a good night. While at a political conference at a Brighton hotel, he is on the verge of a full-blown sex scandal! As if a partially-clad actress in his room isn’t problem enough, he is plagued by inquisitive political rivals at every turn. Meanwhile the lobby is full of press, the streets are full of protesting students, and there are rumours of an assassination plot!
Jane Austen’s PERSUASION adapted by Tim Luscombe
- March 30 – April 20, 2019 Thursday to Saturday
- Matinees on Sunday April 7 & 14
An adaptation of Jane Austen’s last novel, Persuasion features her most matured heroine, Anne Elliot. Anne gets a second chance at love with Navy Captain Frederick Wentworth when her family rents out their home to Captain Wentworth’s sister and her husband. Eight years after Anne was persuaded to end their engagement, they must navigate the complexities of their feelings and changing social positions.
COMMUNICATING DOORS by Alan Ayckbourn
- May 4 – 25, 2019 Thursday to Saturday
- Matinees on Sunday May 12 & 19
In this thrilling time-travel comedy, three women attempt to save themselves and each other at the hand of the same man, but in three different time periods. In the present is a dominatrix who has been hired to witness a murder confession. Twenty years earlier is the second wife of the tycoon, about to be murdered and 20 years before that is hi first wife (also about to be murdered). All that can prevent these events and re-shape their lives is the ingenuity of the three women (and a good bit of luck)!
METRO THEATRE’S ANNUAL TRADITIONAL PANTO
- December 14, 2018 – January 5, 2019
- Evenings @ 7:30 pm December 14, 20, 21, 27, 28; January 3, 4
- Matinees @ 2:00 pm December 15, 16, 22, 23, 26, 29, 30; January 1, 5
Metro’s Pantomime Season returns for its 34th consecutive run – this year with added matinees. Come join the fun, laughter and merriment. SOMETHNG FAMILIAR…..SOMETHING PECULIAR….SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE….A PANTOMIME TONIGHT – Bring the whole family and continue (or start) this annual Metro tradition of live theatre. *Tickets on sale October 15, 2018*
All plays subject to availability
Help us Spread the Word –
With the support of many sponsors, the Metro Theatre produces entertaining theatre that is affordable and accessible to patrons of all ages. Plan theatre into your life and look forward to a season of memorable experiences at great value.
Your subscription comes with:
- Best available seats
- No-cost seat exchange
- Reduced price on bar drinks ($1 off when card is shown)
- 10% off of participating Touring shows
- Priority booking for early–bird Panto tickets from October 1st
- Exclusive VIP membership
- EXTRA VOUCHER at NO CHARGE – so you can invite a friend along at no cost to one of the six regular Season 56 plays
Adults – $126 or
Seniors/Students – $114
- Includes VIP membership and shareholder benefits with voting privileges
- PLUS one extra ticket voucher for a friend ($25 value)
You can fill out the form at the theatre, phone it in, go on-line, or mail it in.
Flex Pass Four
Adults – $92 or
Seniors/ Students – $80
- 4 vouchers to any of Season 56’s six plays
- Ideal for those away for part of the season
- Flex pass vouchers offer the flexibility in choosing the number of seats or performances to redeem
- Flex Passes do NOT include VIP memebership
Individual Ticket Prices
to Metro plays for 2018-2019 are value priced at:
- Adults – $25 or Seniors/Students – $22
- with a special each Thursday of 2 tickets for $36
- Preview (the final dress rehearsal) tickets are $15 each available 4 weeks before the performance
Annual Holiday Pantomime Tickets
- Pricing options will be available October 1st, 2018
- Tickets go on Sale October 15, 2018
? For VIP and GROUP rate pricing please contact the Box Office firstname.lastname@example.org or 604 266 7191
All SERVICE FEES are included our prices
Call the Box Office at 604 266 7191 or
Purchase Online http://tickets.metrotheatre.com
Members are the backbone of our theatre, and all season ticket subscribers and volunteers are Members. But anyone can become a VIP member. For only $20 you get an annual VIP Membership at Metro Theatre, along with all its benefits and entitlements including voting privileges. Read about the VIP Membership Program, and then join us!
Consider giving someone special, the gift of entertainment and buy them season tickets. It’s an amazing season that will make you proud to “ Find Yourself at the Metro Theatre”. We hope you’ll join us to celebrate a true Vancouver success story as we embark on our 56th continuous season of great entertainment!
Metro Theatre is fueled by volunteers. We are always looking for friendly, outgoing people to help make our patrons’ theatre experience the best it can be. Whether you’re interested in taking tickets at the door or working backstage or on other aspects of the production we would love to hear from you.
For working Front-of-House please email inquiries to email@example.com
For all other inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
BECOME A VIP CORPORATE SPONSOR
Thanks to our corporate sponsors, theatre arts are alive and well. Your generous donations bring joy and culture to our community. Whether you are interested in sponsoring one particular show or a whole Metro season, there are many good reasons why your business may wish to be involved with the Metro Theatre.
Metro is a strong member of the Lower Mainland community.
- We offer our Christmas Pantomime to at-risk children and their families (about 150 each year) as well as refugee families in the Vancouver and Burnaby areas.
- We are also involved in student internship/work experience programs to teach and train students.
- Metro hosts a large variety of educational children’s acting classes: Delta Youth Theatre, Acting Up! , Soul2Sole Dance, School graduation, and year-end programs Vancouver Montessori School, Teen and Youth theatre groups Dynamite Theatre of Delta, and Improv groups, among others.
- Additionally, we offer access to an affordable and complete theatre facility for theatre groups that may not otherwise be able to perform for the public.
- VIP Corporate Sponsors receive priority access to Metro’s printed program and in-house advertising.
By partnering with Metro Theatre, your corporation is contributing to the continued success of a modern theatre venue with a tradition of over half a century.
For information about making a corporate donation or partnering with Metro Theatre as a sponsor, please contact our General Manager, Les Erskine at email@example.com.
Metro Theatre is a non-profit society with charitable donation status that has been producing great entertainment since the early 1960’s. We continue to have a significant impact on the Vancouver theatre landscape through training some of Canada’s finest theatre professionals and showcasing awesome local and newly discovered talent.
For press releases, publicity photos, arrangements for interviews and press tickets: email firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on tickets, check out BUY TICKETS.
For our location, click on WHERE WE ARE.
For more information email@example.com or call our Box Office at 604 266 7191.