Metro Theatre has a 28-foot-wide stage and 310 seats in its auditorium. We also have a licensed bar and lounge. You can rent either or both whenever it’s not show time. As well, you can buy out the theatre for one of our shows and enjoy a private performance – this could be the fundraising opportunity you’ve been looking for!
RENT THE STAGE AND AUDITORIUM
You can rent the Metro Theatre daily during the summer, from June through mid-August. During the rest of the year, its availability depends on the production schedule.
You have the option of renting the entire stage and 308-seat auditorium, and/or our famous bar and lounge. Some details are below, but please send us a note via the contact form below or email the Co-Productions Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Our regular rates for renting the entire stage is:
$750 per day Sunday through Thursday
$950 Friday and Saturday
$2650 per 5-day week
$3000 per 7-day week
(plus labour and equipment expenses, if any)
During July and August we offer a 25% discount.
Metro Theatre stage is 28 ft. wide and 22 ft. deep with additional SL and SR wing space. We’ve got a fully functioning counter-weighted fly system for scenic drops, curtains, and scrim (either white or black).
There are two large dressing rooms upstairs from the backstage area.
$135 per hour (less than 5 hours)
If using just the partial stage a curtain or scrim can be dropped to exclude (if necessary) the existing production’s set.
RENT THE LOUNGE ONLY
$250 for 4 hours
(plus $15 per hour for bartender, if needed, with a 4-hour minimum)
Metro Theatre lounge has a capacity for 65 people and is licensed. Attached to the lounge is a Green Room with fridge, microwave , toaster oven, and some food preparation areas.
Useful information about our venue:
– We’re located at 1370 SW Marine Drive at the base of the Arthur Laing Bridge in Vancouver. It’s accessible by transit, and has free and paid parking nearby.
– The stage is 28 ft. wide and 22 ft. deep with additional SL and SR wing space. There’s a fully functioning counter-weighted fly system for scenic drops, curtains, and scrim (either white or black).
– Main floor areas (i.e., the lobby, auditorium and washrooms) are fully wheelchair accessible.
– Wireless headset hearing assistance devices are available.
– We have a full stereo sound system.
– There’s a self-contained secure operator’s booth at the rear of the auditorium for lighting and sound cues via headset.
– We’ve got licensed bar and lounge facilities with extensive seating and a fully qualified bartender available. And, lounge rental without bar service is available.
– There are public washrooms on the main floor as well as two large dressing rooms upstairs from the backstage area.
– The lobby has a concession area with limited storage and sink.
– The self-contained, secure box-office has outside access through sales windows.
– Wireless internet access is available.
– Rentals are available for the full or partial stage and can be negotiated on a case by case basis.
For more information, send us a message using this contact form or call the box office at 604-266-7191.